We are happy to be able to offer the following opportunity to Minnesota teams!
Note: These grants are for Minnesota teams only and are structured as reimbursements.
Teams are not eligible for multiple scholarships.
- Teams who are traditionally underrepresented in robotics or face significant participation barriers, such as;
- Schools with at least 60% of students eligible for free or reduced lunch or highly diverse teams, including females and students of color.
- Teams that do not meet the above criteria may apply, but must be able to provide a detailed plan for how they have, or plan to, increase participation among the underrepresented, either on their team or within their community.
- Teams must be based in Minnesota
- Grant recipients must register for a Minnesota regional/qualifying event.
- Teams are NOT eligible for multiple grants.
- If you manage multiple teams, apply for EACH team seeking funding.
- Coaches are highly encouraged attend a FREE FLL Coaches Training or FTC Kickoff event hosted by High Tech Kids.
These are reimbursement grants. Once you have received confirmation of the grant, you must register your team nationally with FIRST. Grant reimbursements will be sent after the team has registered and paid for a Minnesota Event.
Boston Scientific and the Argosy Foundation provide a limited number of grants to help improve access and affordability of FIRST LEGO League Jr., FIRST LEGO League and FIRST Tech Challenge for highly diverse teams as well those with limited financial resources in Minnesota.
Application Due Date: August 15, 2018
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
FIRST LEGO League Jr.
• Rookie Teams ($250)
• Returning Teams ($75)
FIRST LEGO League
• Rookie Teams ($650)
• Returning Teams ($300)
FIRST Tech Challenge
• Rookie Teams ($1000)
• Returning Teams ($500)
Thank you to Boston Scientific and the Argosy Foundation for your generous support!
Please contact Vicki with questions regarding Minnesota grants.
HTK SCHOLARSHIPS ARE UNAVAILABLE FOR THE 2018-2019 SEASON
High Tech Kids offers a very limited number of scholarships to Minnesota rookie teams. These scholarships are one time only and not renewable. Preference will be given to teams comprised of underrepresented youth, rural or urban teams and/or all girls teams.
- Must be a Rookie Team – Defined as a group of students who have not participated previously in the program.
- Teams who do not fulfill this agreement will forfeit their scholarship.
- Teams will receive their scholarship reimbursement check at their FLL Regional Tournament or FTC Qualifying event.
FIRST Tech Challenge Rookie Teams ($725)
FIRST LEGO League Rookie Teams ($500)