|PROPOSED LEAGUE PLAY IN MINNESOTA
Teams wishing to participate in Leagues for the 2017-18 FTC season are asked to commit by May 1, 2017 so that we may better plan the season.
|LEAGUE STRUCTURE (see League Org Chart)
- Leagues are comprised of 8-12 teams.
- Leagues will play in 3 meets with 5 matches per meet.
- Teams earn ranking and qualification points (RP & QP) at each League Meet.
- The top 10 QP and corresponding RP earned will determine the teams starting QP and RP at the League Qualifier.
- The League Qualifier will include 24 teams and is structured as a traditional qualifier.
- League teams may NOT participate in traditional Qualifiers and non-League teams may NOT participate in League Qualifiers.
SEASON & TIMING
- Begins the week of October 15 and ends the week of December 15 or two weeps before the League Qualifier (whichever comes first).
- Meets are generally scheduled 2-3 weeks apart to allow for the iterative desgin process.
- Meets of 12 teams should take no longer than 3.5-4 hours and can be held after school. A gymnasium is not reequired, a cafeteria would have enough space to hold 12 pits and one full field.
- The venue for the League Qualifier must be provided by one of the League teams.
- $300 per team
- Includes three meets and one League Qualifier.
- Does not include the MN State Championship fee, fees associated with North Super Regional or World Championship.
- Each League will need a League Coordinator
- This person will work collaboratively with teams in their league to set the schedule, reserve school space and identify/recruit meet volunteers.
- Each Meet will need the following volunteers: Scorekeeper, FTA, Inspector, Referees.
- These individuals may be mentors or parents of participants. Training for these roles will be available.
- High Tech Kids will assign a Head Referee to work with each League.
- Provided by High Tech Kids
- A full set of Game Elements
- Shared between two League and returned to HTK for use at the League Qualifier and State Championship.
- "Meet in a Box"
- Referee shirts, score sheets, gaffers tape, batteries (if needed), drivers/coaches badges, flash drive, extra game pieces.
- Provided by each League
- Laptops, Timer display, Field Perimeter (AndyMark or VEX), Grey Field Tiles.